Recently we were published in the Troy Times, Piqua Post and Shelby County Post's most recent Bridal Edition! Not only did we have an ad, they even posted our submitted article entitled, "Money Saving Tips From A Professional". Here, Jen used her way with words to compile a list of tips on how to save money while planning your wedding! For those that didn't get the local paper here is what she had to say!
Congratulations! You’re engaged and about to embark on one of the most exciting journeys of your life. You start planning your dream wedding and yikes! Who knew this stuff was so expensive? Good news. Here at Ivory House Creative we might specialize in wedding stationery, but we’ve also learned a thing or two about planning weddings along the way. Check out our inside tips and tricks to help trim that budget:
1. Cut the guest list. We know you loved your third grade teacher, but we think she’ll understand.
2. Consider off-season months like November, March and February and off-peak days such as Friday and Sunday.
3. Use flowers that are in season. Or go a step further and use silk flowers. They’re often cheaper but can also be used post-wedding or sold afterwards.
4. Serve beer and wine instead of offering a full bar.
5. Consider serving hors d’oeuvres and dessert rather than a full meal.
6. Order a small cake for display and a large sheet cake for serving. You can hide the sheet cake in the kitchen and no one will be the wiser.
7. Tap in to your creative side and make your decorations. Pinterest is chalk full of beautiful and simple DIY wedding projects. If you are at a loss for ideas or not quite sure you can do it all yourself, we are here to help!
8. Skip the champagne toast, or reserve it for just the bridal party and family.
9. Pass on favors. Most get thrown in the trash the next day anyway. If you can’t stomach the thought of sending your guests home empty handed, consider a box of homemade truffles or sweets that can double as dessert.
10. Ask for deals. This is really important and can save you thousands. Get quotes from several bakeries, florists, caterers, and other vendors. Ask your favorite if they would be willing to price match. They may say no, or you may save thousands!
It’s easy to be overwhelmed by the amount of money a wedding can cost. But remember, the size of your budget is not a reflection of the strength of your marriage. You can have an affordable day without sacrificing quality.
Thanks so much for whipping this up for the paper Jen! Much appreciated as always! I hope these tips were helpful and as always if you have other questions or need helpful stationery advice please shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!